Friday, April 19, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 19 April 2019

No Greater Love
“As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” (John 15:9-13)


Today’s Morsel:  Life is the most valuable object we possess; and when a man is willing to lay that down for his friends or his country, it shows the utmost extent of that love.  This love for friends has been rarely witnessed.  Paul wrote to the church at Rome, “For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:7-8)  Most people are not going to die for you.  But Calvary speaks of one who did.  You will not find any greater love than what Jesus Christ did for us at Calvary.  And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:14-16)  His actions on that hill are what made that day and every day thereafter good.  Because God was willing to sacrifice His Son, so that you and I could live.  Greater love we will never find nor experience.  

 Sing: I am so glad that Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me. I am so glad that Jesus loves me, Jesus loves even me!


Thought For Today: Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” (John 15:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment