Monday, April 16, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 April 16

“Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever” (1 John 2:15-17).

Today’s Morsel:  If someone were to ask you to define the world, what would be your reply?  I think that once we understand Truth, we can determine what the world really is.  We live in this world, it is not our permanent home yet not everything in it is bad for us.  We must have the wisdom and the knowledge to determine what is good and what is evil, we must know the difference.  We know that God created the heavens and the earth and that everything that He made was good.  John tells us to love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. The reason being is that if we love something, that’s where our heart will be, and it will be easy for that thing to draw our heart away from God and cause us to want to stay here; and we know that's not what God desires.  John lists three things that are associated with this world that we must avoid.  Those three things are lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, and the pride of life.  I believe that these three things are associated with this world and will destroy your walk with God.  They will turn your heart from Him.  Therefore, they must be avoided if we are truly born-again believers.  Do you know the difference?

Sing: This world is not my home, I’m just a passing through.  My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue.  The angels beckon me from heaven’s open door, and I can’t feel at home in this world anymore.
O’ Lord you know I have no friend like You, if heaven’s not my home then Lord what will I do.  The angels beckon me from heaven’s open door, and I can’t feel at home in this world anymore.

Thought For Today:  Don’t put stock in this place (Parker).

No comments:

Post a Comment