Friday, April 13, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 April 13

“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me” (1 Corinthians 15:1-10).

Today’s Morsel:  I believe that the most important thing in any person’s life is when they have a clear understanding of the gospel and how it is applied to their life.  I believe that the reason so many people are having troubles in their lives and homes is that the gospel is missing.  Jesus said, “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me” (Revelation 3:20).  If we never allow Him to come in, we will never understand His love for us and His desire to help us.  First, we must understand that the Gospel is Jesus Christ Himself.  It is His death, His burial, and His resurrection.  And this is how His life becomes our life: “Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin. Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Romans 6:3-11).  If you want to see a change in your life obey Acts 2:38.  The gospel is not only the good news, it’s the best news.

Sing:  I’ve got the Holy Ghost, down in my soul, just like the Bible said; I’ve got the Holy Ghost, down in my soul, just like the Bible said.  Well I’ve been to the water and I’ve been baptized in Jesus Name, my soul got happy and I’m so satisfied; I  wouldn’t take nothing for my journey now, just like the Bible, just like the Bible, just like the Bible said.

Thought For Today:  The Gospel is not only the good news, it’s the best news.

1 comment: