Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 November 8

 “And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done. While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease” (Genesis 8:20-22)

Today’s Morsel:  There is nothing I like better than when I walk into our home and my wife is cooking my favorite meal.  That smell just permeates into my nose and I begin almost to salivate at the thought of the scrumptious taste.  Scripture says that when Noah came out of the Ark “he built an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more everything living, as I have done.”  In other words, God was well pleased with this act and the obedience of Noah’s faith. Noah’s sacrifice prefigured that which was to be offered by our Lord Jesus Christ on behalf of the world.  In writing to the church at Ephesus, the apostle Paul, stated, “Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling savour” (Ephesians 5:1-2).  Notice, Jesus Christ has loved us and has given himself for an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling savor to God for us.  Personally, I believe that Noah had the first Barbecue House (just a little humor to start our day!).

Sing:  Your only Son, they crucified, they laughed and scorned Him as He died.  The Humble King, they named a fraud and sacrificed the Lamb of God.
O’ Lamb of God, sweet Lamb of God.  I love the Holy Lamb of God.  O’ wash me in, His precious blood.  My Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God.

Thought For Today:  Be ye followers of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment