Saturday, May 6, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 May 6

“And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem, And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise” (John 2:13-16).

Today’s Morsel:  Sometimes in scripture we see that God’s humanity comes out of Him.  Yes, even though Jesus was God, He was also human.  He took on flesh as a man (see John 1:1,14 and 1 Timothy 3:16).  Like many of us, when we see things that we do not like, it may upset us and we may respond like Jesus.  Sometimes, folks may need to see a little righteous indignation to get their attention.  Solomon said, “These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren” (Proverbs 6:16-19). We need to be aware that God hates these things being in your life, as you are His temple.  He may just turn over your apple cart to get them out.

Sing:  Lord I give you my heart, I give you my soul, and I live for you alone.  Every breath that I take, every moment, I’m awake, Lord have your way in me.

Thought For Today:  Hate what God hates and love what He loves (Parker)

1 comment:

  1. Jesus, please help my to have Your mind and Your attitude about life. Amen.

    ReplyDelete