Monday, May 1, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 May 1

“Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching” (Hebrews 10:23-25).

Today’s Morsel: When I was a kid in elementary school, we always celebrated May 1st as May Day.  It was a day of activities, food, fun, crowning a queen and at the end of the day, wrapping the May Pole with many different colored screamers.  I later discovered though, that May Day has a long history and tradition in England as well.  So, I assumed that this tradition, which we celebrated at our school, was brought to America by the European Settlers. The writer of Hebrews tells us to not forsake the assembling of ourselves together … but exhorting one another.  The more time we spend together in fellowship and study of God’s word, the more upbeat we will be, the more fun we will have, and the more spiritual food we can eat.  Carry on the tradition!

Sing:  Once a sinner far from Jesus, I was perishing with cold, but the blessed Savior heard me when I cried; Then He threw His robe around me, and led me to His fold, now I’m living on the hallelujah side.
Oh, glory be to Jesus, let the hallelujahs roll; help me ring my Savior’s praises far and wide; for I’ve opened up toward heaven all the windows of my soul, and I’m living on the hallelujah side.

Thought For Today:  Let God wrap you in His love today (Parker).

1 comment: