Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 December 28

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not (John 1:10-11).

Today’s Morsel:  I had a gentleman say to me once, “I know you!”  I asked him, “Where do you know me from?”  He replied, “I don’t know, but I know you!”  I just smiled, as many people know me because I am an author and they’ve read one of my books, or they’ve served with me in the military, or perhaps they have seen my picture on our organization's mission poster.  Jesus was in the world that He made and many did not know who He was.  He told His disciples, “If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him… Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake” (John 14:7;10-11).  Jesus is still in the world if He’s in you.  The question is, do people know Him when they see you?

Sing:  I’m gonna lift up the name of Jesus, I’m gonna tell of my joy since He came.  I’m gonna tell of His power every day and every hour, I’m going to lift up that wonderful name.

Thought For Today:  It’s a sad day when people don’t know that Jesus dwells in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment