Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 November 8

And it came to pass after these things, that Naboth the Jezreelite had a vineyard, which was in Jezreel, hard by the palace of Ahab king of Samaria. And Ahab spake unto Naboth, saying, Give me thy vineyard, that I may have it for a garden of herbs, because it is near unto my house: and I will give thee for it a better vineyard than it; or, if it seem good to thee, I will give thee the worth of it in money. And Naboth said to Ahab, The LORD forbid it me, that I should give the inheritance of my fathers unto thee. And Ahab came into his house heavy and displeased because of the word which Naboth the Jezreelite had spoken to him: for he had said, I will not give thee the inheritance of my fathers. And he laid him down upon his bed, and turned away his face, and would eat no bread. But Jezebel his wife came to him, and said unto him, Why is thy spirit so sad, that thou eatest no bread? (1 Kings 21:1-5)

Today’s Morsel:  I can usually tell when others are sad and unhappy.  I may ask them what is wrong, and I may try to brighten them up.  If I can say something that will bring them a little joy or cause them to smile, I can hopefully help alleviate the sadness.  If a person gets too much sadness, they will soon see no reason to live.  Therefore, I believe the Spirit brings with it peace and joy to motivate us and lift us up.  If we can get people to keep the Holy Spirit stirred up in their life and not allow what others say or do to affect them, and if they also realize who they are in Christ, they will hopefully live above the shadows of this life and see the reason to live.  Ahab was sad because he wanted something that belonged to someone else.  Discontentment is sure to make a person sad.  Paul said that he had learned how to be content (Philippians 4:11).  Are you content?  Contentment is where happiness is. 

Sing:  If you’re happy, and you know it, say amen, say amen; If you’re happy, and you know it, say amen, amen; Cause when God’s Spirit falls on you, makes you shout, hallelujah; if you’re happy and you know it, say amen.

Thought For Today: Happiness begins with thinking that way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment