Saturday, November 19, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 November 19

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches.  I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
(Revelation  22:16)

Today’s Morsel: There is nothing to me like good preaching.  I love to hear some good old fashioned preaching.  I often wonder what it was like under Paul’s preaching.  I wonder if he spoke with fire and zeal about Jesus.  I wonder when Ezra stood on the pulpit and preached, what the people thought of him (Nehemiah 8:4). Granted this was not a podium like we use today, it was more like a tower.  Or how do you think Peter delivered his message of Christ when he entered the house of Cornelius? No matter how they did it, they all had one common message to deliver.   And that was, Jesus Christ was the root and the offspring of David, the bright and morning star.  If this message is preached, one will realize as Paul said, “For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.  And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power” (Colossians 2:9-10); and that this was the faith which was once delivered unto the saints, Jude said (Jude 3).

Sing: He is fairer than lily of the valley.  He brighter than the morning star.  He is purer than the snow, fresher than the breeze, lovelier than all of these.

Thought For Today:  Jesus is still God, no matter how you look at it.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! 'He that hath seen me hath seen the father'...'There is no Savior beside me.'

    ReplyDelete