Friday, May 13, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 May 13

And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me. When she saw that she was stedfastly minded to go with her, then she left speaking unto her. (Ruth 1:16-18)

Today’s Morsel:  To me, commitment is one of those things that is sometimes hard to explain.  Why are some so easily sold out and give their all at all times, while others rarely, if ever, do anything.  When I was in the army, those who were committed and gave their all were often times called “lifers”.  They were sold out and usually served for twenty or more years to full retirement.  They lived and breathed commitment each and every day.  We don’t know much about Ruth’s life, other than that she was a Gentile and that her husband had died.  But Scripture does show us a woman of commitment.  An example setter.  A woman who put her hand to the plow and did not look back.  A woman of worth.  Ruth is an example of true commitment, and she shows us that God honors those who possess such a trait of character.  Ruth found her way into the linage line of Christ as an outsider because of her commitment.  True commitment always continues on even in adversity.

Sing: I’m going through, yes, I’m going through; I'll pay the price no matter what others do; I’ll take the way with the Lord's despised few, I started out with Jesus and I’m going through.

Thought For Today:  True commitment always continues on even in adversity. (Parker).

No comments:

Post a Comment