Thursday, May 5, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 May 5

I thank my God, making mention of thee always in my prayers, Hearing of thy love and faith, which thou hast toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all saints; That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus. (Philemon 1:4-6)

Today’s Morsel:  How do you communicate your faith? What do you do that others see that you are a true believer in Christ?  Do you give tithes and offerings?  Do you attend church each service the doors are open?  Do you volunteer in your community?  Do you visit the sick and shut in?  Just what do you do?  Paul told Philemon, “I thank my God, making mention of thee always in my prayers, Hearing of thy love and faith, which thou hast toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all saints; That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.”  What was Philemon doing that his faith was communicated to others?  I believe that he gave and he cared for others.  One of the best ways to communicate your faith is to be no respecter of persons when it comes to telling others about Christ and sharing with them.  As James says, “If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors” (James 2:8-9).  Always remember that faith works in love.

Sing: To be like Jesus! To be like Jesus! On earth I long, to be like Him.  All through life’s journey, from earth to glory, I only ask to be like Him.

Thought For Today: Faith worketh by love (Paul). 

No comments:

Post a Comment