Wednesday, May 13, 2015

2015 May 13 - Morning Manna

Then the LORD said unto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh: for with a strong hand shall he let them go, and with a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land. And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD: And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them. (Exodus 6:1-3)

Today's Morsel: When we were kids growing up down South, everyone had a nickname.  Most of us didn't know what the other person's real name was until we were graduating from high school.  For so long, we had used each other's nicknames that we didn't even know their real name.  And even today in the church, we call each other brother or sister so much, that when we introduce folks, we say, " This is Brother or Sister So And So.  We rarely use their first name.  God told Moses, "And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them".  They had become so accustom to calling God "God Almighty" that they didn't know His real name.  And so God told Moses that His name was Jehovah, which means LORD; The All Exciting One.  Jesus asked His disciples, "Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?" (Matthew 16:13).  Isaiah had said, "...and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6).  But what was His name?  Paul wrote to the church at Corinth: "Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost" (1 Corinthians 12:3).  Do you know Him by name?  The angel told Mary, And His name shall be called Jesus, (Jehovah-saves) for He shall save His people from their sins (Matthew 1:21).  Get to know Him by name, He would like to be one on a first-name basis with you.

Sing: Yours will be, the only name that matters to me, the only One whose favor I seek, the only Name that matters to me. Yours is the name, the name that saves, mercy and grace the power that forgave me, and Your love is all I've ever needed.
So when I wake up in the land of glory, with the saints I will tell my story, there will be one Name that I'll proclaim. Yes, when I wake up in the land of glory, with the saints I will tell my story, there will be one Name that I'll proclaim. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, just that name.

Thought for Today: "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).  Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment