Monday, May 11, 2015

2015 May 11 - Morning Manna

Now there arose up a new king over Egypt, which knew not Joseph. And he said unto his people, Behold, the people of the children of Israel are more and mightier than we: Come on, let us deal wisely with them; lest they multiply, and it come to pass, that, when there falleth out any war, they join also unto our enemies, and fight against us, and so get them up out of the land. Therefore they did set over them taskmasters to afflict them with their burdens. And they built for Pharaoh treasure cities, Pithom and Raamses. But the more they afflicted them, the more they multiplied and grew. And they were grieved because of the children of Israel. (Exodus 1:8-12)

Today's Morsel: A of couple years ago, I planted some tomato plants next to my wife's flower garden.  I had given them a little fertilizer to aid them in their growth.  One day I went outside, and to my surprise, the plants were getting bigger and bigger, taller and taller.  I thought to myself, "Wow, those are going to be some huge tomatoes."  I came in the house and told my wife, " Boy, my tomato plants are growing really well."  She said, "It's probably the Miracle Grow I've been giving them."  I asked her, "What?"  She was feeding my tomatoes Miracle Grow.  The stalks of the tomatoes grew to about two inches in diameter!  Scripture says, "But the more they afflicted them, the more they multiplied and grew."  I believe that the more we go through in our lives, whether trials, tribulations, or unwarranted circumstances, we should grow in Christ.  Because our trust is not in man but in Christ, our trials should cause our faith to increase and grow.  David encourages us,  "Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all. He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken. Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate. The LORD redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate" (Psalms 34:19-22). The apostle Paul encourages us, "For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal" (2 Corinthians 4:17-18).   So hang in there, troubles don't last always.  But while they do, use them to build your faith.

Sing:  I'm so glad troubles don't last always.  I'm so glad troubles don't last always. 

May not come when you want Him, but He's on time.  In times of trouble, I find Him to be a friend of mine.  When storm clouds rise in your life, He'll be there;   All your burdens, I know the Lord will bear.

Weeping may endure for a night, keep the faith it will be alright.  Weeping may endure for a night,  keep the faith it will be alright.

I'm so glad troubles don't last always.  I'm so glad troubles don't last always.

Thought for Today: Our light affliction, is but for a moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment