Tuesday, August 27, 2013

2013 August 27 - Morning Manna

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone... For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. (James 2:17; 26)
Today's Morsel:Back in 1989, I brought an old Datsun (which today is Nissan) pickup. The gas gauge said it had a half tank of gas, and I wasn't aware that the gauge wasn't working (like some folks faith). So when it stopped along the highway, my first reaction was that I had bought a lemon. But once two angels showed up, reviewed the situation and told me that I was out of gas, I was surprised (I don't have enough space in this manna to tell you what transpired, but angels did appear and helped me). Once I obeyed what they told me, I got gas and the truck ran well again. I could have disregarded their instruction and said, "It's not out of gas." But once I stepped out on faith and got some gas in it it ran perfect. James said faith without works is dead. If you say that you have faith but you have no works your faith is going to be dead. Sometimes you just have to do what you are told to do, God may be testing your faith. "Let brotherly love continue. (Hebrews 13:1) Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares"(Hebrews 13:2). Through my truck experience, my faith is stronger in support of angels working on our behalf.
Sing: Faith! Faith! Just a little bit of faith (2x). You don't need a whole lot, just use what you've got. Faith! Faith! Just a little bit of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment