Tuesday, August 20, 2013

2013 August 20 - Morning Manna

"And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually... And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD. In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly"
(Job 1:5;21-22)
Today's Morsel: How much time do you use to prepare for the hard and difficult times? What I find is that, most people do no preparation for what I would call hard and difficult times. It seems that when unexpected hardship and circumstances strike us, they knock the wind out of our sail and leave us in a depressed and despondent state. Some people even begin to blame God for their hardship because though they didn't plan or prepare. Every time I go in to see my doctor, the nurse and doctor always ask me if I have an "Advance Directive." You know, that paper that says how I want things to be handled in case of a life or death situation. Do I want the heroics from the medical folks to prolong my life, or just let God have His perfect way with me. They are trying to get me to prepare in advance so that this hardship isn't placed on my family. You know, loss is something that many have a hard time dealing with, and I believe it is all because many give very little time to discussing it in advance. I believe that the more prepared we are, the easier it will be to get through the hardship and difficulty of the loss. The same is true with other unexpected situations that come our way. The more prepared we are, the better we can face them. We need to have our confidence built ahead of the storm.
Sing: Falling in love with Jesus! Falling in love with Jesus! Falling in love with Jesus, is the best thing I've ever, ever done.
In His arms, I feel connected, and in His arms, I'm never disconnected; In His arms I feel connected, there's no place I'd rather, rather be.

No comments:

Post a Comment