Tuesday, December 11, 2012

2012 December 12 - Morning Manna

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places (Habakkuk 3:17-19).


Today's Morsel: I really love this passage of scripture spoken here by Habakkuk. This passage draws our attention to the importance of not allowing things to stop us from rejoicing and praising the Lord. Often, many will lose their joy and excitement about serving God when their material possessions or livelihood is being tested. But as Christians, we should not allow anything to stop us from being excited about what God is doing and has done for us. If our lives are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets and Jesus is the Chief corner stone, then our attitudes and aspirations have got to reflect what we stand on and are built upon; The Way, The Truth and The Life, Jesus Christ. As I told our church the other day, there is no scripture that tells you to be discouraged. You just need to remove the "dis" and be filled with courage. The scripture admonishes us, "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest" (Joshua 1:9). How much more encouragement do we need to maintain our rejoicing in Him? Habakkuk said, A"lthough the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places."


Sing: I'm pressing on the upward way, new heights I'm gaining every day; still praying as I'm onward bound, "Lord, plant my feet on higher ground."

Lord lift me up and let me stand, by faith on heaven's table land. A higher plane than I have found; Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment