Tuesday, February 14, 2012

2012 February 14 - Morning Manna

But whoso hath this world’s good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him (1 John 3:17-19).
Today's Morsel: Are you living what you say you are? Does your life really reflect you as a child of God? Do those around you know that you are a Christian and that you live each day for Him? You are not just to love only in word. Just telling someone you love them is not enough. It is through your actions, your attitude, your disposition, your mood, your spirit, that you reflect you love them. I’ve heard people say, "I have to love you, but I don’t have to like you." Can someone please explain this to me? Doesn’t liking lead to loving? When is the last time you looked your spouse in the eyes, held them tight and said, “I really love you?” When is the last time your brought them their favorite soda or candy bar? When is the last time you sent them a card in the mail, just to say hi and I love you? When is the last time you treated a co-worker to lunch or dinner? When is the last time you had someone other than a saint in your home for a meal? You see, our love is not just to be in word, but also in deed and in truth. What we do is what shows others that we are walking in truth and keep our minds pure before Him. It is not our words that show people this. Peter told Jesus he loved him, but then he denied him three times. It takes action to show the love of Christ in you. Let’s put it to work. Happy Valentines Day!
Sing: I love Him too much to fail Him now, too much to break my vow, for I promised the Lord that I would make it some how, and now I love Him too much, to fail him now.

No comments:

Post a Comment