Tuesday, June 7, 2011

2011 June 7 - Morning Manna

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. (Romans 16:17)
  
Today's Morsel: The other day, I was focusing on doctrine. I was trying to make sure that I wasn't drifting away from the doctrine of Christ, because I see that so many are in these last days.  How did we get so many doctrines in the church and how does one doctrine differ from another.  So my question to you today is this, what is your church's doctrine?  Do you believe that doctrine in a church setting is important?  What would you do if you discovered that the doctrine you have been taught was all wrong?  Have you really took the time to see if your church's doctrine is in line with Jesus and the apostles?  Some people attend a church and never question the leadership about their doctrine.  Just because a church has a good choir, their doctrine may be totally wrong.  Just because the preacher is a good orator, his doctrine may be totally wrong.  Jesus said that not everyone that saith to Him Lord, Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven.
   
Paul told Timothy, "But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience" (2 Timothy 3:10). And then he concludes by saying, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works" (2 Timothy 3:16-17).  Why was Paul so adamant about doctrine?  Because doctrine determines if you are in accordance with higher instructions and to see if you are enforcing the standard.  I've come to realize that some churches don't have any standards for how people should live and conduct themselves.  And this is one of the reasons that divorce rate is so high, drug and alcohol abuse is on the rise,  and that teen pregnancy is out of control.  I conclude that this is because they don't know the doctrine of Jesus and the apostles.  When we understand the doctrine of Jesus and the apostles, we don't look any-old-way in our dress and appearance, we don't partake in every activity just because it looks like fun, nor do we watch everything that set before our eyes.  We understand the importance of self-control and self-discipline.  If you get a really good understanding of the doctrine of Jesus and the apostles, I promise you, you aren't going to be the same person that you use to be.  So let me encourage you, read your Bible, and ask God for wisdom so that you will know truth.  It is the Truth that will  make you free.

Sing: He's changing me, my Blessed Savior, I'm not the same person that I use to be; Well it's been slow going, but there's a knowing that someday perfect I will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment