Saturday, December 11, 2010

2010 December 11 - Morning Manna

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light
(Matthew 11:28-30).

Today's Morsel:  I'm sure most of you can remember that old fable, the story of the tortoise and the hare. The hare, being much faster than the tortoise, felt that he had plenty of time to take a rest and still win the race.  But to his surprise, when he awoke from his rest, the tortoise  was crossing the finish line. You need rest, but don't rest so long that you don't win the race.  As Joseph told his brethren, "See that you fall not out by the way."  Are you tired?  Could you use a little rest today?  When I ask people how are they doing, they often reply, "Oh, I'm so busy. I'm so tired."  Many of them are tied up in a knot.  They can't sleep.  They are restless.  Aches and pain are constantly running through their bodies.  They want rest and refreshing, but they can't seem to find out how to go about obtaining it.   Jesus told His disciples, come apart and rest awhile.  We all need rest.  We all need those times of refreshing.  "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord" (Acts 3:19), Peter said.  The Holy Ghost is the refreshing.  Until you decide that you are going to make Jesus priority number one in your life, you aren't going to have rest.   Can you use some rest?  If so, then why not come to Jesus today and allow Him to refresh you.

Sing: Hear the blessed Savior calling the oppressed, "O ye heavy laden, come to Me and rest; come, no longer tarry, I your load will bear, bring Me every burden, bring Me every care."
 
Chorus: Come unto Me; I will give you rest, take My yoke upon you, hear Me and be blest; I am meek and lowly, come and trust My might; come, My yoke is easy, and My burden light.

No comments:

Post a Comment