Monday, January 18, 2010

18 January 2010 - Morning Manna

And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying, This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you. Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb, according to the house of their fathers, a lamb for an house: And if the household be too little for the lamb, let him and his neighbour next unto his house take it according to the number of the souls; every man according to his eating shall make your count for the lamb. Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats: And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening. And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat it. And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it. Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof. And ye shall let nothing of it remain until the morning; and that which remaineth of it until the morning ye shall burn with fire. And thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it in haste: it is the LORD'S passover. For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD. And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt (Exodus 12:1-13).

Today’s Morsel: Insurance companies all seem to offer you the best policy. Some will tell you that you need whole life verses term life. Whole life means that the policy is supposed to pay face value of the policy's premium at death to whomever you choose to be the beneficiary. Term life serves for a specified period of time. When it comes to your salvation, if someone were to ask you what policy do you have, do you know which type you have? I don’t know about you, but for me, when it comes to my salvation, I want a whole life policy. And that is why Jesus will always be my insurance man and His church my insurance company. Jesus and His insurance men (His disciples) didn’t come selling term life; they came selling whole life; and when I heard what they were offering in their policy, I couldn’t refuse. I took a whole life policy immediately. When the Lord was ready to take the children of Israel from out of Egypt, He told Moses, "the blood will be a token upon the house where you are: and when I see the blood I will pass over you and the plague will not destroy you." The Blood of Jesus Christ served as a whole life insurance policy for them, and the same is true for us today. We must take out a whole-life policy and not allow our policy to lapse. We must pay on time (tithes and offerings, vows and any other commitments we make), so that when we die, our policy will pay full dividend; eternal life.

Sing: I am covered, covered, covered by His blood, walking by faith, living in love. I am covered, covered, covered by His blood, Jesus has rescued me.

No comments:

Post a Comment