Friday, October 9, 2026

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2026 October 9

No Reason To Worry

“For thus saith the LORD, That after seventy years be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.” (Jeremiah 29:10-14)

Today’s Morsel: Do you ever wonder why so many Christians are filled with worry? What is it that has them gripped that causes them to live in such a state? I’m perplexed. How can one say that they are filled with His Spirit and yet live in a state of worry? The Lord said, For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. If you follow the life of Jacob, he seems to live in a state of worry from the time he cons his father until his death. Jacob has the blessing and birthright from his father, and a promise from God that He will not leave him, yet it seems he lives in a state of worry and fear all the days of his life. You shouldn’t live like this as a Christian. Jesus came to give us life, and that more abundantly. If you live in a state of worry, sooner or later it will cause you to move from a state of worry to deep depression and fear. There is no need for you to worry and fear; you are a child of God, and God is not going to leave you nor forsake you. You need to put your trust in Him and not in yourself or man.

Sing: He is my everything, He is my all. He is my everything, both great and small. He gave His life for me, made everything new. He is my everything; Oh how about you?

Thought For Today: “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” (Luke 10:19)

No comments:

Post a Comment