Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2026 July 22

What Fault Have You Found In Jesus

“Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him. And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe, And said, Hail, King of the Jews! and they smote him with their hands. Pilate therefore went forth again, and saith unto them, Behold, I bring him forth to you, that ye may know that I find no fault in him. Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns, and the purple robe. And Pilate saith unto them, Behold the man! When the chief priests therefore and officers saw him, they cried out, saying, Crucify him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Take ye him, and crucify him: for I find no fault in him.” (John 19:1-6)

Today’s Morsel: I don’t know about you, but I have known people who blame Jesus for everything that happens to them. They blame Him for their parents. They blame Him for where they live. They blame Him when they don’t get hired for a job. They just seem to find fault with Jesus no matter what they are facing and going through. I even had a lady ask me why God let her dog die.  The Jews even wanted to stone Him for telling them that He was God.  “The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.” (John 10:33) Pilate told the people, “I find no fault in Him.” I don’t know how you can find fault with the One that is all knowing, all loving, all carrying, full of mercy and truth, and whose compassion is new every morning, and who only has your best interest at heart. Mary didn’t find any fault in Him. “Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.” (John 20:15) Mary said, if you moved Him, because you don’t want Him here, tell me where you took Him and I’ll take Him away, as I find no fault in Him.  I promise you, if you try Jesus and you find fault in Him, and you don’t like Him, the devil will take you back every time. “And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.” (Isaiah 53:9)

Sing: He knew me, yet He loved me, He’s whose glory made the heavens shine. I’m so unworthy of such mercy, and yet when He was on the cross, I was on His mind.

Thought For Today: You are not going to find fault in God!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I often think that if people truly knew Jesus and opened their hearts to receieve His love, they would never reject Him. Even in the hardest parts of following Him, He has showed me such compassion and walked with me through it. Even in my greatest sins, He met me with such mercy and love. He is so good!

    ReplyDelete