Monday, March 5, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 March 5

“I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies. Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered” (Psalms 40:1-5).
 
Today’s Morsel:  As I read the scriptures, I often wonder how deep some of those pits were that they cast men into that they could not get themselves out.  The story is told of a man that had an old goat.  The goat fell into a deep dried up well.  So the man decided to bury the goat in the well. But as he cast shovels of dirt into the well to bury the goat, the goat would shake it off and stomp the dirt down with his feet. Before long, the goat was able to step out of the well.  The Psalmist said, “He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.”  Like the psalmist, we must learn to wait and allow God to get us out.  When we think that we are in a pit that we can’t get out of, we must trust God to deliver us and to bring us out.  Sometimes we might be in a pit that we’ve dug by ourselves as everything we go through is not of the devil.  Scripture tells us, “Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him” (Proverbs 26:27).  Did you dig the pit that you feel you are in today?  It is amazing to know that God can get us out of any situation or circumstance that we may think is too hard for us, if we will just wait on and trust Him.  

Sing:  He brought me out of the miry clay, He set my feet on a rock to stay.  He put a song in my heart today, a song of praise hallelujah!

Thought For Today:  Don’t fall into your own pit (Parker).



No comments:

Post a Comment