Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2011 December 27 - Morning Manna

Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. (1 Corinthians 4:2).
Today's Morsel: Do you now or having you ever owned a dog? Have you ever noticed how faithful they are? You can leave them home all day long by themselves and when you come home, they will lick your face and jump on you because they are faithful. You can put them out in the cold for barking when you tell them not to, and when you let them back in, they will still show their faithfulness and loyalty. When Balaam was asked to come curse the children of Israel, and God placed an angel in his pathway to prevent him, the donkey he was riding saw the angel and did everything to prevent the angel from killing Balaam. Scripture says, "And when the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she fell down under Balaam: and Balaam's anger was kindled, and he smote the ass with a staff. And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times? And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee. And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? And he said, Nay. Then the LORD opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face. And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Wherefore hast thou smitten thine ass these three times? behold, I went out to withstand thee, because thy way is perverse before me: And the ass saw me, and turned from me these three times: unless she had turned from me, surely now also I had slain thee, and saved her alive" (Numbers 22:27-33). His donkey was faithful to him. We can learn a lot from God's creation. The Greek word here for stewards is the word: oikonomos,oy-kon-om'-os , which means: a house distributor(that is, manager), or overseer, that is, an employee in that capacity; by extension a fiscal agent (treasurer); figuratively apreacher (of the Gospel): - chamberlain, governor, steward. Jesus said that if you are not faithful in the little things, who will give to you that which is yours.
Sing: O' come all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant, O come ye, O come ye to Bethlehem; come and behold Him, born the King of angels; O come let us adore Him, O come, let us adore Him, I come , let us adore Him, Christ, the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment