Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake. But there shall not an hair of your head perish. (Luke 21:14-18)
Today's Morsel: I love listening to people discuss political debates. Often, I just find myself laughing when someone says, "I can't believe that they brought those things up about a person after such a long time." I just want to say, didn't Jesus tell us, "For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was anything kept secret, but that it should come abroad" (Mark 4:22). Jesus was saying that we need to settle some things in our hearts.
And some of those things are:
- The church is going to always be hated by the world.
- There's always going to be attacks against anyone that calls themself a Christian.
- Evil seducers are going to wax worse and worse.
- Perilous times are going to come.
- People are going to give heed to seducing spirits and doctrine and devils.
- Earthquakes and famines are going to be in divers places.
- Wars and rumors of wars are going to take place.
- You are going to be lied to, hated, schemed against, and cheated. And people who say that they are born again, are going to walk out on you and accuse you.
Sing: I know the Lord will make a way for you. I know that Lord will make a way for you. If you live a holy life, shun the wrong and do the right, I know the Lord will make a way for you.