Thursday, February 29, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 February 29

How High Can You Jump?

 

“For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall. As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him. For who is God save the LORD? Or who is a rock save our God? It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect. He maketh my feet like hinds’ feet, and setteth me upon my high places.” (Psalms 18:29-33)

 

Today’s Morsel: When I was in high school, I wanted to be in track. And so I went out for the pole vault. I thought it was neat to be able to run with this long pole and propel yourself into the air over this high cross bar. Things were going well until I didn’t clear the cross bar and it came down and smacked me across the head. Then I thought maybe I should participate in the lower jumps! David said that he had run through a troop and leaped over a wall. Now I understand that, as this was very much of my initial military training. We were always jumping over walls and simulating combat. And the same ought to hold true with our trials and troubles. With Christ’s help, we ought to be able to leap over them when they come our way. We must not allow them to stop us from reaching our goals. Jesus said, behold I give you power to tread over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you. Are you feeling that you are being weighed down with trials and troubles? Do you feel that something is in your pathway that is preventing you from reaching your goal. Then why not leap over it and not allow it to hinder your advancement in the things of God.

 

Sing: I can run through a troop and leap over all wall.  Hallelujah, Hallelujah! He’s my sword and my shield, He gives power to all. Hallelujah, Hallelujah! Well, He’s the Rock of my salvation, in Him there is no condemnation. I can run through a troop and leap over a wall. Hallelujah, Hallelujah! 

 

Thought For Today: Sometimes you must leap over the things that you wish to overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment