Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 16 May 2023

Watching The Word Work

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.” (Isaiah 55:8-11)

Today’s Morsel: I like sitting back and watching God’s word work in the lives of men. This is why we are told that God will work if we let Him (Isaiah 43:13). When you pray and ask God for things, wait on Him, and let Him work. In other words, be still and learn/know that He is God. Scripture says: “And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented. And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. When Jesus heard it, he marveled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.” (Matthew 8:5-13) Just speak the Word and my servant shall be healed. What confidence and faith in God’s ability to work. Does your faith align with the centurion? Praise reports and testimonies of God’s goodness shouldn’t surprise us. They ought to be common among us because we believe that His Word is quick and powerful and that it will accomplish and prosper in the things, He sends it to do.  Pray, believe, and watch Him work.  

Sing: You are the God, that healeth me, You are the God my healer; You sent Your Word, and healed my disease, You are the Lord my healer.


No comments:

Post a Comment