Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 Jan 4

 What Are You Pursuing?

“Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD. What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good? Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile. Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it. The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry. The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.” (Psalms 34:11-16)

Today’s Morsel: If there has ever been a time to be a true Christian, it is now. The world in which we live is in total chaos. There is so much unrest, confusion, perversion, disinformation, and lies, that even the very elect seems to be falling into Satan’s trap. Remember, Satan is a liar and the father of lies. If we say that we are born-again, then our minds ought to stay on Christ. We should not be pursuing the things of this world, we ought to be pursuing after heavenly things. Paul said: “If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.” (Colossians 3:1-4) Remember that this world isn’t your home; you are going to a better place. If you are not finding rest and contentment in your day-to-day life and activities, then you must pursue it. Jesus said: “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30) What are you pursuing after?  Seek hard after Christ and you will find rest and contentment.  

Sing: My mama and daddy talked about going home ever since I was babe on their knees.  They said that nothing could compare to what was waiting up there and someday I would finally be free. Well, I’m getting a vision of a crystal-clear river where sin is forgotten without a trace; more than I want to know, my heart is ready to go, to see the love on my Savior's face.

I want to know how it feels, to make my way down the streets of gold. I want to know how it feels, to have a talk with the saints of old. I want to know what it’s like, to rest my feet by the river of life.  I’ve heard of heaven, and I know that it’s real, I want to know how it feels.    

No comments:

Post a Comment