Monday, July 4, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 4 July 2022

 Access To God

 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy.(Leviticus 19:1-2)

 

Today’s Morsel: Throughout the Book of Leviticus, the word holy occurs over 80 times. The central theme of this book is how can a sinful man approach a holy God. This is one of the reasons why the book of Leviticus is so essential to the New Testament Christian. You must know how to approach God. Israel had to be taught by Moses, based on God’s word, how they were to come before Him.  God is a holy God. Those who violated the instructions saw their lives cut short. God hasn’t changed. We must learn what God requires of us: Jesus said, Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock.” (Matthew 7:21-24)  What is God’s will?  Paul told the church at Thessalonica: “For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour; Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God: That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified. For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.(1 Thessalonians 4:3-7)  Somewhere you must learn that the temple of God is holy. The writer of Hebrews admonishes us to: “Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord” (Hebrews 12:14) The only way that you can access God is to be holy as He is. How do you measure up to His holiness right now?

 

Sing: Holiness, holiness, is what I long for.  Holiness, holiness, is what I need.  Holiness, holiness, is what I want from you.  So, take my heart, transform it.  Take my will, conform it to yours, to yours Oh Lord.

 

Thought For Today: “For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.” (Leviticus 11:45)

No comments:

Post a Comment