Saturday, July 10, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 10 July 2021

 

Not Cut Off From The Darkness

 

“Because I was not cut off before the darkness, neither hath he covered the darkness from my face.” (Job 23:17)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things about trials, afflictions, and sufferings, is that we may often see them as dark times in our life.  And sometimes, depending on the severity of them, we may wish that we had not seen them at all.  Job was much troubled about his dilemmas, as they seemed to strike him quick and without warning.  Job had anticipated that they could happen, but not on the scale and magnitude in which they happened and came.  He stated, For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came(Job 3:25-26); “Therefore am I troubled at his presence: when I consider, I am afraid of him. For God maketh my heart soft, and the Almighty troubleth me” (Job 23:15-16).  When Job considered God’s terrible majesty, His sovereign will, His unalterable purposes, His infinite wisdom, and almighty power, His strict justice, and spotless purity; he was afraid to appear before Him, or afraid that since many such things were with Him he had already experienced, there were more to be brought forth, which might be greater and heavier still.  But Job still reaches back into his reservoir of hope and remembrance and states, “But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.(Job 23:10). Let me encourage you with the Psalmist, “If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.(Psalms 139:11)  Friend, God is light.  And even in our darkest times, He will still light on the way that we may see Him.

 

Sing:  Trials dark on every hand and we cannot understand, all the way that God will lead us to that blessed promised land.  But He’ll guide us with His eye, and we’ll follow till we die, we will understand it better by and by.

 

Thought For Today:But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light(1 Peter 2:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment