Monday, March 1, 2021

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 1 March 2021

 

My Thanks To Him

 

“And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.” (1 Timothy 1:12-13)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things that I have learned in life is that if we are not thankful, we will not be content and God may not use us.  I have also come to realize that a heart of gratitude often brings with it a heart of contentment.  In writing to the church at Rome, Paul stated, “Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.” (Romans 1:21-23)  He continues by informing Timothy, “And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.(1 Timothy 1:12-13)  When we are thankful, others seem to do more for us and are more willing to help us.  And ingratitude often causes us to be shunned.   How is your thanks to Christ Jesus for what He has done and is doing in your life?  The Psalmist stated, “I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people.(Psalms 116:13-14)  A little bit of thanks can go a long way!

 

Sing: I love to tell how Jesus saved my soul, when I was lost and facing dark despair; But mortal tongue could never tell the whole nor thank Him for such wonderful love and His care.

O’ He is more than all the world to me, the dearest friend that I have ever known.  And it will take the whole eternity, to thank Him for the Love that He has shown to me.

 

Thought For Today:  “And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.(Colossians 3:15)

1 comment: