Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 11 June 2019


No Condemnation

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.” (John 3:17-19)

Today’s Morsel:  The problem with self-condemnation is that we bring it upon ourselves.  Many folks never get to the point where they see themselves as what God says about them versus what others say and think of them.  For some reason, they allow the enemy of their soul to get them to a point that they compare themselves among themselves; comparing themselves to others rather than comparing themselves to what God would have them be.  When they do that, they are more likely to condemn themselves and others in the process.  Jesus said that He came not to condemn the world but to save it.  If you say that you are born-again, why are you condemning yourself?  Jesus is the only one you should care about pleasing with your life. And if He’s well pleased with you, then others in your sphere will be also.  As Paul said, “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” (Romans 8:1)  If you are pleasing Jesus, that is what matters.  

Sing:  I know who I amI know who I amI know who I amI am Yours, I am Yours.  I know who I amI know who I am, I know who I amI am Yours, I am Yours
 
I was running and You found me; I was blinded and You gave me sight.  You put a song of praise in me; ooh.  I was broken and You healed meI was dying and You gave me life.  Lord, You are my identity

And You are mineJesus, You are mine.  You are mine Jesus, You are mine

Thought For Today: “Condemnation… Am not good enough” (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment