Wednesday, February 23, 2011

2011 February 23 - Morning Manna

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke. Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged. Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. (Isaiah 6:1-8)

Today's Morsel:  If you are like me, no doubt you have heard this passage preached time and time again.  But no matter how many times we hear it or read it, Isaiah saw something awesome and mind boggling.  Maybe this is what the church needs today, we just need to get a real glimpse of God's awesome splendor.  Uzziah had been king for what seemed like forever; longer than any Jewish king mentioned in the Bible.  He took the reins when he was sixteen years old and rein for fifty-two years.  That means he was now 68 years old.  Isaiah probably didn't know another king, and Uzziah's death, and how he died, probably shook Isaiah's mind.  And he was in total disbelief at what he saw when he died.  It may have seemed impossible to him.  But Isaiah said, " In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke. Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts."  He probably felt if what Uzziah did cost him his life, I'm sure in serious trouble now that I have seen the Lord.  Whenever God appeared to men in Bible times, the results were the same, an overwhelming sense of terror and dismay, a gut wrenching sense of sinfulness and guilt. When God spoke to Abraham, he bowed to the ground and listened (Genesis 18:2).  When He spoke to Moses, he hid is face in fear to look upon God (Exodus 3:6).   Paul cried out, "Who art thou Lord" (Acts 9:5)?  Peter said, "Depart from me for I am a sinful man, O Lord"(Luke 5:8).  And Isaiah said, "Woe is me for I am undone!"  He said, I'm finish.  I've seen God.  But to his surprise, he heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?"  At this point, Isaiah may have felt that he had a chance to redeem himself.  And so he said, "Here am I; send me."  When we fear God, it will kill all other fears and cause us to go at God's bidding.  Sometime soon, go to your favorite and quietest place and spend some time with the Lord and allow Him to surround you with His presence and you will come away realizing just how awesome God truly is, and why you should want to witness for Him.

Sing:  There is none like You. No one else can touch my heart like You do. I could search for all eternity long, and find, there is none like You.

No comments:

Post a Comment