Thursday, March 14, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 March 14

Did You Really Get A Good Deal?

 

“It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.” (Proverbs 20:14)

 

Today’s Morsel: I have had people say to me when they purchased a new vehicle that they got a good deal. I sometimes want to ask them to define what is considered a good deal. As no car dealer really gives you a good deal. There are more hidden charges than the eye can see. When I purchase a vehicle, I don’t look for a good deal. I will ask the dealer for special incentives such as military discounts, senior citizen discounts, or good interest rates. And I have found that if I go in with an interest rate better than the dealer, they will make theirs lower so that I will use them. But to get a good deal, it doesn’t really happen. When we lived in Asia, one of our yearly highlights were going to Seoul Korea. It was always good to haggle with the vendors for fun to see if you could sometimes get a good deal. But when one once asked me if I wanted to buy a genuine imitation Rolex watch, we both got a good laugh. He told me that it wasn’t real. Now if I wasn’t listening, I could have given in. Believe me, getting four cellphones for 25 dollars isn’t a good deal. Read the small print. This is one of the reasons as Christians, that we need to be good listeners. One of the things that Satan does is offers folks things that may seem like they are getting a good deal, only afterwards it costs them more than they bargain for. Esau thought that he was getting a good deal trading his birthright for a bowl of soup. Scripture said, “And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?” (Genesis 25:32). The writer of Hebrews says: “For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.” (Hebrews 12:17) His deal cost him dearly. Don’t let Satan trick you into selling your birthright for things of this world. You are not getting a good deal. You must have this New Birth experience to get into heaven.  There are no other good deals out there.  

 

Sing: I really enjoy living for Him, I would trade it for anything, because I, really enjoy living for Him. This feeling inside, I just can’t hide, and I want to world to know, that I really enjoy living for Jesus.

 

Thought For Today“Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.” (Hebrews 12:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment