Saturday, February 12, 2011

2011 February 12 - Morning Manna

If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. (James 2:8-9)

Today's Morsel:  Valentine's Day is a day set aside to show our love for others.  I've been focusing on love lately.  It seems as though many are starting to lose their love for one another.  The world seems to be at unrest and Jesus said that this would happen.  He said, "And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold" (Matthew 24:12).  In other words, because of illegality, that is violation of law or (generally) wickedness amongst people these days, the love for one another will no longer be there.  If I have love, I can overcome any opposition.  With God's love, there is nothing impossible for me to do.  How do you exercise your love toward others?  We should always think how we would like others to treat us, and then treat them that same way.  If we practice this law, love will always be in our hearts and we will display it to other.

Sing:  I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore, very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more; but the Master of the sea heard my despairing cry, from the waters lifted me, now safe am I.

Love lifted me! Love lifted me! When nothing else could help, Love lifted me! Love lifted me! Love lifted me! When nothing else could help; Love, lifted, me!

No comments:

Post a Comment