Saturday, January 1, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 1 January 2022

 

Unity

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.
(Psalms 133:1-3)

 

Today’s Morsel: Unity is the quality or state of being united in oneness and wholeness. Many churches are trying to accomplish the great commission without unity, and it will never work. Marriages won’t last without unity. Homes will fall apart without unity. Paul calls for the church to be of one mine, in one accord, and to have the same spirit. He told the church at Philippi, “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus(Philippians 2:5). And Jesus said, “I and my Father are one.(John 10:30) Are you one with Him? If we are not one with Jesus, we will never be in unity with others. “Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.” Paul says in 1 Corinthians 1:10.  

 

Sing: Lord, I give you heart, I give you soul, I live for You alone.  Every breath that I take, every moment I’m awake, Lord have Your way in me.

 

Thought For Today:Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.(Ephesians 4:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment